The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
Year in Industry students present to industry leaders
Four School of Computing students have presented their work to a conference in Portland, Oregon.
Professor Leon Chua joins School of ComputingProfessor Leon Chua joins School of Computing
The School of Computing will be welcoming a distinguished Professor on to its team in August. Professor Leon Chua is an IEEE Fellow and an emeritus professor in the electrical engineering and computer sciences department at the University of California, Berkeley, which he joined in 1971.
School of Computing rises in the league tables
The School of Computing continues its upward trend in the league tables.
John Crawford shortlisted for Teaching Award
Lecturer John Crawford has been shortlisted for the Kent Union Teaching Awards 2013 in the category of faculty award for Sciences.
School of Computing
Our reputation for providing top quality graduates puts Kent fifth out of all Computing departments for "Career after 6 months" in the Guardian league tables for 2013. This is testimony to our strong links with industry through:
- innovative work in securing placements for our Year in Industry students in Industry students in a wide range of companies, including at CISCO in California, HSBC in Hong Kong and IBM in the UK. 70% of our undergraduates are on placements during 2011/12 and this opportunity is now available for all MSc students.
- the unique opportunities provided by the Kent IT Clinic – students gain first-hand experience of working as IT consultants as part of their degree.
World-leading researchers in key areas, such as systems security, communications and computing education, and interdisciplinary work with biosciences and psychology all contribute to an extensive support framework for postgraduate students and early career researchers.
- School ranked fifth in the UK for graduate career prospects*
- Canterbury ranked as safest university city in England**
* The Guardian University Guide for Computing Departments 2013
** The Complete University Guide 2011