The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
Schools & Colleges Liaison
Liaison Programmes 2011/12
Why not let your students experience the full depth and creativity of Computer Science? Through hands-on sessions including LEGO™ Robotics, Java and more, we aim to share the passion we have for the field with your students.
- September 2011: Details of the FIRST LEGO® League challenge for 2011 (Food Factor) have been released! Read more ...
- December 2010: FIRST LEGO® League winners announced. Read more ...
- September 2010: Details of the FIRST LEGO® League challenge have been released! Read more ...
- August 2010: The Kent and Medway regional finals for the FLL will be held on Wednesday 24th November and Thursday 25th November. Read more ...
- January 2010: Of interest to schools may be the Animation10 competition, a national computer programming/animation competition organised into a variety of age categories.
- November 2009: Winners of the 2009 Kent Regional Final of the FIRST LEGO® League announced. Read more ...
FIRST LEGO® League 2010
The FIRST LEGO League (FLL) sets scientific challenges to children aged 9-16. We hold regional events where teams compete as well as having a terrific day out. Read more.
Visits to campus
Visits to your school
We are sometimes able to bring our activities to your school. Contact us to find out more about our current offerings in this area.
Resources for schools
We have developed various resources for use with schools, some of which are available here:
Talks for schools
Our admissions staff are able to visit your school and talk to your students, covering topics such as:
To arrange a talk, or for more information contact us.
Workshops for teachers
We can offer INSET training on Java programming, LEGO® robotics, and developments in the World Wide Web. We welcome requests.
We work with the Sciences at Kent initiative which includes activities from all departments in the Science Faculty.
For members of the School of Computing