The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
Information for New Users
- Reset my UNIX password
- CSProjects - Subversion repositories and Trac instances for CS projects
- Virtual Machine How-To.
- Expired Windows Password?
- Register for the DreamSpark Premium (MSDNAA) programme
- CS Spam Checking - how to set up your mail client to filter spam.
- Using Maildir - how to use maildir as your mail storage format.
- Secure Services documentation
- MyPDF: generating PDF documents
- Mindterm - a web-based SSH client.
- CS SSL certificate. Used for some internal services, but probably not the main user-facing ones.
- Information and Documentation for the teaching WebServers
- Offsite access - to view the internal view of the School of Computing website from offsite.
- Reset a PostgreSQL password - enter Kent username and password when prompted.
- Reset a MySQL password - enter Kent username and password when prompted.
- Moving your mailstore to a CS server.
- Installing Xming.
- Information and web based documentaion for software packages installed on School of Computing machines.
- Filestore shares available to users of Windows, Linux, Mac OS X.
- Information on accessing news externally Enables you to read news when offsite.
- Information on the tin news reader Instructions on basic use of the tin threaded news reader.
- Local Unix command summary Instructions, descriptions of the basic use of site specific Unix commands.
- Getting started with CVS guide.
- Setting up Tomcat on the Public PC desktop.