You can choose from a wide range of taught MSc programmes that suit your qualifications, skills and ambitions. Our programmes offer you flexibility in entry routes, content and format. Our courses are available full-time, with an optional industrial placement.
Conversion Master's programmes for graduates of any discipline:
Advanced Master's programmes for graduates of computing and related subjects:
- MSc Advanced Computer Science
- MSc Advanced Computer Science (Cloud Computing and Big Data) Medway campus
- MSc Advanced Computer Science (Computational Intelligence)
- MSc Cyber Security provisionally accredited by GCHQ
- MSc Networks and Security
Related courses (formats may vary):
- MSc Information Security and Biometrics - School of Engineering and Digital Arts
- MSc Computer Animation - School of Engineering and Digital Arts
- Research degrees (PhD / MPhil / MSc)
More information on academic progression
Why undertake postgraduate study?
Some good reasons:
- To learn more about a subject you enjoy, perhaps with a view to working in that area or doing a PhD eventually.
- To gain an edge when applying for jobs. A lot of people have BSc degrees. An MSc helps you stand out from the crowd.
- To prepare yourself for jobs that involve technical leadership, whether in business or industry.
- Some jobs require a postgraduate qualification (e.g. teaching, cutting-edge research and development posts).
- To change career area, for example if it's difficult to find work in your original field or you no longer find it interesting.
- To boost a below-average first degree. A good MSc can compensate for a poor BSc.
- To update, deepen or broaden your knowledge of key technologies.
- To develop advanced intellectual and other transferable skills.