School of Computing Scholarships for MSc courses
Value and availability
The value and availability of the Scholarship depends on a student's nationality:
- Home / European Union (EU) students
- receive a discount equivalent to the standard home tuition fee (worth at least £7300)
- a limited number are available each year (typically 3-5)
- allocated to EU applicants who meet the general award criteria outlined below on a first-come-first-served basis according to the date we receive the funding request.
- Students from other (non-EU) countries
- receive a £2000 discount on the standard international tuition fee
- no limit on the number available
- all non-EU applicants who meet the general award criteria outlined below are guaranteed to receive a Scholarship.
Special arrangements apply for students attending a course at Kent as part of a partnership with another institution (e.g. Epitech). Such students should disregard the information on this page.
General award criteria
To be eligible for a Scholarship all of the following criteria must be met:
- The student must have achieved an excellent result in their undergraduate degree. See table below for requirements from various countries. This list is not exhaustive, qualifications from other countries will be considered on an individual basis. We reserve the right to decline funding if the academic reputation of the university is in doubt or the result was achieved only after multiple repetitions.
|Country||Minimum grade required for scholarship
(assuming university has good academic reputation)
|China||Degree with 85% overall|
|India||First Class 4-year BEng degree|
|Nigeria||First Class Honours degree|
|Taiwan||Degree with 85% overall|
|Tanzania||First Class Honours degree|
|Turkey||Degree with GPA 3.2 or 75% overall|
|United Kingdom||First Class Honours degree|
- and the student must enroll on one of these courses:
- and in one of the these formats:
- and the student must request funding using the supplied form by the given deadline.
How to apply
Please complete the online funding request form before 31 July in the year of entry.
Your request will be considered when you have received and accepted a place on the MSc course, and satisfied any terms if the offer is conditional.