EPCoS papers from Project'98 (April 8-9, 1998)
Project'98 was a workshop organised by three FDTL projects: EPCoS
Effective Project Work in Computer Science (University of Kent:
12/96), ISSN Industrial Software Support Network (University of
Sheffield: 113/96) and PROF@T: Personal
and Professional Skills in Computer Science - Disseminating Excellent
Practice (University of Teesside: 77/96).
The proceedings of Project'98 were published by Springer
as Projects in the Computing Curriculum: Proceedings of the Project'98
workshop, Sheffield 1998 Mike Holcombe, Andy Stratton, Sally Fincher &
Gary Griffiths (eds) ISBN 1-85233-010-4
- Using other people's experience of project work: realising fitness
Marian Petre & Sally Fincher
- Non-technical issues in undergraduate CS project work or what are
we (all) here for?
Roger Boyle & Martyn Clark
- HEFCE EPCoS project: towards a framework for transferable
negotiated learning practices in team projects
- Perceptions of final year project outcomes
Special Issue: Projectwork in Computer Science Education (Vol 9, issue 3:
- A personal theory of teaching computing through final year
M A C Clark and R D Boyle
- Maximizing learning outcomes of Computer Science Projects
Other EPCoS papers
- Beyond anecdote towards real transfer: Using other institutions'
experience of project work.
Sally Fincher and Marian Petre.
In 6th Annual Conference on the Teaching of Computing and
3rd Annual conference on Integrating Technology into
Computer Science Education: Changing the Delivery of
Computer Science Education, pages 86-89. CTI/CTC and ACM
SIGCSE, August 1998.
- Effective projectwork in computer science: Project epcos.
In Mette Knudsen and Torben "Sopper" Vinther, editors, Project Work
in University Studies , volume 2, pages 195-203. Roskilde University,
Denmark, September 1998
- Project-based learning practices in computer science education.
Sally Fincher & Marian Petre
In 1998 FiE Conference,
pages 1185-1191. IEEE, November 1998
- Negotiated Learning Contracts
In Annals of Software Engineering
Vol 6 (1998), pages 323-341
- From transfer to tranformation: towards a framework for successful
dissemination of engineering education
In Frontiers in
Education Conference, session F4F, October 2000.