Miss Farhana Liza
- June 2018 -- Won Sciences Postgraduate Research Prize for 2018 News Story.
- November 2017 -- Our paper on language modeling has been accepted to AAAI 2018.
- October 2016 -- The slide from the research talk on Spectral learning for Hidden markov model (HMM) at Computational Intelligence Group Seminars can be downloaded from here
PhD Project Summary
In the PhD project, I am investigating the Language Models using Deep Learning Techniques. Statistical Language Models have lacking in incorporating really long term dependencies for sequential data. We need a model that can understand and capture the hierarchical representation at different time steps and use that dense representation to improve Language Models.
I am a member of the following research groups:
My chief area of interest are deep learning, latent variable models, representation learning and language modelling.
Programme Committee Member
RepEval 2017: The Second Workshop on Evaluating Vector Space Representations for NLP, Co-located with EMNLP 2017.
- Special Issue of The Knowledge Engineering Review journal, 2018.
I currently teach on the following undergraduate modules:
- CO584: Solving Problems with Data : Practical Sessions
- CO520: Further Object Oriented Programming
- CO320: Introduction to Object Oriented Programming
For my personal website please click here