My publications are available from the University of Kent's Academic Repository.Selected publications
- Complexity bounds for container functors and comonads - Information & Computation (2018)
- Verifying Spatial Properties of Array Computations - OOPSLA (2017)
- Session Types with Linearity in Haskell - Book chapter in Behaviour types: from Theory to Tools (2017)
- Combining Effects and Coeffects via Grading - ICFP (2016)
- Effects as Sessions, Sessions as Effects - POPL (2016)
- Coeffects: A calculus of context-dependent computation - ICFP (2014)
- A Computational Science Agenda for Programming Language Research - ICCS (2014)
I also keep a list of my external talks, mostly with links to slides and sometimes YouTube videos.
I belong to the following research groups:Fellow of the Software Sustainability Institute.
I am on the following Programme Committees this year: POPL 2019, IFL 2018, TyDe 2018, BEAT 2019, ICE 2018. I am co-chairing PLACES 2019.
Broadly I am interested in the intersection between logic, semantics, and
I have co-authored several papers introducing and developing the notion of coeffectful program behaviour (ICFP 2016, ICFP 2014, ICALP 2013). Coeffects are program behaviours which "consume" the execution context, e.g., variables, hardware resources, access policies, library versions, implicit parameters. Coeffect analyses and type theories capture a program's requirements on the execution environment. For example, a type theory corresponding to Bounded Linear Logic is a coeffect system which allows fine-grained control over variable usage.
I am also interested in applying results from programming language research to computational science, in particular for program verification. I am Co-Investigator on the project CamFort: Automated evolution and verification of computational science models joint with the University of Cambridge
TeachingI am currently teaching on the following courses:
- CO519 - Theory of Computing
- CO545 - Functional and Concurrent Programming
- CO661 - Theory and Practice of Concurrency
- CO583 - Introduction to Programming and Web Technologies