Management of all aspects of IT related purchase within the Computer Science department. This includes
- Obtain quotes and place orders for all major IT purchases
- Negotiate with suppliers on equipment specification and cost
- Discuss with teaching and research staff their requirements and suggest suitable solutions within their budget
- Develop and maintain the departmental asset database
- Management and purchase of departmental software licences
General overseeing of the core service provision and infrastructure for both the departments research and teaching. This includes
- The design and specification of the physical infrastructure - networking and power - to support servers and desktop machines
- The maintenance of existing installations
- The arrangement and supervision of contracts to install and upgrade infrastructure
Installation of all new, and the maintenance of existing and electrical safety testing of all IT equipment within the department.
General support to the academic and staff within the department. This includes
- The installation of Windows, MacOS, Solaris and Linux operating systems
- The installation and maintenance of software packages
- General troubleshooting and advice
Provision of infrastructure and hardware for departmental conferences.