Senior Lecturer / PGR Admissions Officer
My publications are available from the University of Kent's Academic Repository.Here are some links to my pages on Google Scholar and DBLP.
I belong to the following research groups:
Moreover, I am Associate Member of the Kent Interdisciplinary Research Centre in Cyber Security (KirCCS), and a collaborator of the Mobility Reading Group where I am contributing to extending Scribble with assertions and time.
My research spans several areas, which include software engineering, concurrency and formal methods. I am interested in theories and tools for developing safe distributed systems. I am particularly interested in the formal foundations of service coordination and composition, business processes and their transactional behaviour, and the theory and application of behavioural types. Most recently, I have been working on the extension of Multiparty Session Types with logics to enable Design by Contract for concur rency, and the effective verification of real-time systems.
- Coordination 2019 - 18-21 June, 2019, DTU, Denmark (PC member)
- ESOP 2019 - 8-11 April, 2019, Prague, Czech Republic - (Author)
- BEHAPI 2019 Workshop on Behavioural APIs - 6 April, 2019, Prague, Czech Republic - (Chair)
- S-REPLS 11 - 8 February, 2019, London, UK - (attending and presenting my latest work on timed session types)
- Beat 2019 - 13-19 January, 2019, Lisbon, Portugal (PC member)
- ABCD Meeting 2018 - 17-18 December, 2018, London, UK (attending and presenting my latest work on timed session types)
- CONCUR 2018 - 4-7 September, 2018, Beijing, China - (Author)
- Start my participation to the AURORA programme - 8 March, 2018, London, UK
- Kick off meeting of (H2020-MSCA-RISE-2017) project BehAPI - 1-2 March, 2018, University of Malta, Malta.
- Research Seminar - "From time-sensitive models to time-sensitive programs" - 16 February, 2018, University of Leicester, UK
- ABCD December 2017 Meeting - 18-19 December, 2017, Edinburgh, UK
- ICE 2017 - 22 June, Neuchâtel, Switzerland - (ICEcreamer)
- ICT Early Careers Researchers Workshop - 6-7 March 2017, Cardiff, UK
- Dagstuhl seminar 17051 - Theory and Applications of Behavioural Types - 9 January - 3 February, Dagstuhl, Germany
- 4PAD 2017 (special session at PDP) - 6-8 March, St. Petersburg, Russia - (PC member)
Betty Final Meeting - 6-7 October, 2016, Lisbon, Portugal
KCW 2016 - Kent Concurrency Workshop - 21-22 July, Canterbury, UK
- BETTY Summer School 2016 - 27 June - 1 July, Limassol, Cyprus - (Lecturer)
- Lectures series on Multiparty Session types -- lectures slides :
- parts 1 & 2 (types and processes),
- part 3 (properties and typing),
- part 4 (advanced topics)
Here is list of projects I am or was involved in:
- BEHAPI -- H2020 Marie Sklodowska-Curie RISE project
- Time-sensitive protocol design and implementation -- EPSRC first grant
- BETTY -- Behavioural Types for Reliable Large-Scale Software Systems
- ABCD -- A Basis for Concurrency and Distribution
- OOI -- Ocean Observatories Initiative
- Tracing Networks -- Craft Traditions in the Ancient Mediterranean and Beyond
- SENSORIA -- Software Engineering for Service-Oriented Overlay Computers
Funded PhD Studentship
I would welcome enquiries/proposals for a PhD research under my supervision in any of the subjects above.
- CO887 -- Web-Based Information Systems Development
- CO661 -- Theory and Practice of Concurrency (convenor)
- CO886 -- Software Engineering (convenor)