Funded PhD in Computer Science
The School of Computing is currently inviting applications one three-year PhD scholarship. The scholarship, co-funded by EPSRC and the University, is for UK residents only. By UK residents, we mean people who "have no restrictions on how long they can stay in the UK and have been ordinarily resident in the UK for at least 3 years prior to the start of the studentship." For a more detailed explanation from EPSRC, please go to this web page.
The School of Computing has five research groups. We welcome applications for projects in any of these groups. You can follow the links below for information on supervisors of each group, and their suggested topics:
- Programming Languages and Systems (PLAS),
- Computational Intelligence,
- Cyber Security,
- Data Science and
- Computing Education.
Start Date and Funding
The expected start date is 1 October 2018.
The scholarship will cover a bursary (£14,777 per year, 2018/19 rate) and the fees for home (UK/EU) students (£4,260, 2018/19 rate). The scholarships will be awarded annually for four years (42 months) for a full-time PhD student, subject to satisfactory progression through each year of study. They are awarded on a competitive basis and interview performance will be taken into account.
Support for research students includes:
- regular supervision meetings
- a research training programme
- computer equipment
- a desk in an office
- funds for conference travel
How to Apply
Deadline: 31 May 2018
Applications should be made through the: University of Kent online admissions form with the PhD Project text, given above, pasted into the "Reasons for study" section.
We will need to receive from you:
- Certificates and transcripts (with course marks/grades) of all university degree studies,
- Research proposal on a selected topic including a mini literature review, a proposed methodology, a work plan and a bibliography,
- Properly formatted CV, including your full list of publications (if any) and
- The names and email addresses of two academic referees
For queries regarding the application procedure, email the PG-Research admissions officer: Laura Bocchi