Welcome to the University of Kent School of Computing Conference (UKSCC), a great venue for researchers of the University of Kent to present and discuss their current research.
Submission is mandatory for second year postgraduates students, but we encourage all PhD students in the School of Computing to submit papers related to their research. Authors may present work that has already been published.
Printed copies of the conference proceedings will be handed out to participants and an electronic version will be available at the Templeman Librarys repository.
The conference will take place on the 10th of June at the School of Computing, Canterbury Campus, room SW101 (Brian Spratt Room).
Topics of interest are divided by research group of the School of Computing.
Programming Languages and Systems
- Verification and dependability
- Memory management
- Program development
- Application of computational simulations in biology and medicine.
- Bio-inspired computing - genetic algorithms, swarm intelligence, artificial neural networks.
- Systems biology and bioinformatics
- Theory and applications of information visualisation
- Data mining and knowledge discovery
- Salience sensitive control
- Attention, affect and addiction
- Public Key and Privilege Management Infrastructures
- Intrusion Detection
- Formal Methods for Cryptography
- Security and Risk Management
- Autonomic Security
- Continuous Auditing
- Trust Management and Metrics and Reputation Systems
- Tools for Vulnerability Analysis
- Policy-based Security
- Privacy and Security
- User Friendly Security
- Cloud Security
- Designing of tools to support programming learning
- Investigations of approaches to practice
- Future Computing
- Grid/Cloud Computing (Internet II)
- Green Computing (through utilizing memristor)
- Virtual Computing
- e-Science & e-Engineering
- Data Storage & Data Communication
- Data Mining and Data Warehousing
- Biologically-inspired Computing
- Computational Economics (including Finance)
- Multi-Agent Systems
- Bargaining Theory and Automated Negotiation
- Evolutionary Computing
- Information Retrieval
- Semantic Web and Linked Data
|April 15th||Paper Submission Deadline|
|May 13th||Notification of Acceptance|
|May 27th||Camera Ready Submission|
|11:05||12:00||First Paper Session|
|12:00||14:00||Poster Session & Lunch|
|14:00||15:00||Second Paper Session|
|15:15||16:15||Third Paper Session|
Participation is open for all PhD students and compulsory for second year postgraduate research students of the University of Kent’s School of Computing. Researchers are invited to submit either on-going research or mature results. The conference will accept any submission related to subjects covered by the research groups of the School of Computing.
Submisions should be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are two submission tracks:
Papers should have up to 6 pages and follow IEEE A4 format. Printed copies of the conference proceedings will be made available for participants and an electronic version will be available at the Templeman Library’s repository. Full paper submission is compulsory for all second year postgraduate research students.
A secondary track for poster submission is also available for those not in their second year. Posters to be presented at the UKSCC 2016 must have size A1 and be formatted according to the following template: poster presentation template.