If you would like to get involved with university events you can do so in two main ways:
- The first is to get to know your student union so you can get involved in events held by them, as well as get the opportunity to be a student rep.
- The second is to join one of the mainy societies within the university. Your student union should have a full list of these, as well as information on events and how to join.
The student union is separate for Medway and Canterbury:
- At Medway your student union is GK Unions and is based on the ground floor of the Pilkington building opposite the GK Unions activity centre.
- At Canterbury your student union is the Kent Union, based at the Canterbury campus.
- If you would like to become a student representative please contact your campus's union.
Societies are groups created by students through the unions. As above a full list can be found by approaching your student union. Some societies specifically relevant to the school of computing include:
Furthermore if you have an idea for a new society bring this to the attention of your union.