Advanced Software Development MSc
This highly practical course will appeal to computing graduates seeking careers as professional software engineers and equip them with the skills necessary to succeed. Employers often complain that computing graduates lack real-world practical skills. This course addresses software development for new and emerging platforms such as mobile phones/pads, multi-core processors and cloud computing. Modern development environments, languages and tools are also covered.
Advanced English for Academic Study may be compulsory for non-native speakers who need extra support
Further information about English language support
- Availible in a variety of formats, including full-time, part-time and with an optional work placement
- Further course details and application guidance are held centrally at the University of Kent website.
- A 1, 2.1 or good 2.2 honours degree in computer science or a closely related subject with a substantial coverage of programming and software engineering.
Optional modules (choose 2 if introductory stream, 3 otherwise)
- C++ Programming
- Cognitive Neural Networks
- Computer Security
- IT Consultancy Methods
- Natural Computation
- Networks and Network Security
Optional modules (choose 3)
- Advanced English for Academic Study
- Computer Graphics and Animation
- Computing Law, Contracts and Professional Responsibility
- Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery
- Data Science
- IT Consultancy Practice (includes work experience)
- System Security
This web page gives advance information about the programme as we plan to run it in the coming academic year. We believe the details are accurate at the time of writing but details may be subject to change.